Beach Haven Gardens is situated between Spray Beach and Beach Haven Terrace and is bordered by 27th Street and 34th Street. This area is near Life Saving Station 21, one of about 41 stations built circa 1871 along the Jersey Shore to stem the loss of life from what was then an average of 40 shipwrecks a year. Locally they were called "red houses". With the formation of the US Coast Guard in 1915, they, like the old saying ships they once rescued, were phased out.
Reference: "Eighteen Miles of History on LBI"and "Six Miles at Sea" by John Bailey Lloyd
1,566 Sq ft
2,700 Sq ft
No results found
Please remove some of the selected filters.